Yonkoma (4コマ, lit: "four-cell"), or a four-panel comic, is a short comic consisting of four panels. They are generally gag comic strips.
List of Death Note yonkomaEdit
The Death Note manga series had several yonkoma. Most were published in issues of Akamaru Jump, and one was published in Shonen Jump Gag Special 2005 "Jump Heroes Super 4-Panel Competition!"
Most were later reprinted in Death Note 13: How to Read, pgs. 216-224:
- Pages 216-217 show the yonkoma that were published in Akamaru Jump 2004 Spring.
- Pages 218-219 show the yonkoma that were published in Akamaru Jump 2004 Summer.
- Pages 220-221 show the yonkoma that were published in Akamaru Jump 2005 Winter.
- Pages 222-223 show the yonkoma that were published in Akamaru Jump 2005 Spring.
- Page 224 shows the yonkoma that was published in the Shonen Jump Gag Special 2005.
Another was published in Weekly Shonen Jump No.4-5, 2004. Light, dressed as Santa, asks "Ryukie" when he wants for Christmas. Ryuk asks for an Gameboy Advanced SP, which is more money than Light wants to spend.
The characters are given an introduction in Death Note: How to Read 13 because they are slightly different from their counterparts in the series. Since the yonkoma are for comical reasons, even their introductions are semi-humorous.
- Light: "The chosen brainiac with a knack for funny comments. His serious demeanor makes him the butt of jokes."
- L: "Holder of the world's greatest mind and the powerful ability to act like a fool. It's like he was born to be mocked."
- Misa: "Along with Sayu, one of the two heroines of our story. Check out her sexiness, which has received a power boost compared to the main series."
- Ryuk: "A weird guy with a passion for apples. He may be the character that's least different from his series version."